TEMPORARY CLASS 2 & CLASS 4 PARTNER TEACHER/S
There are two one day per week temporary teaching positions available for 2019. The jobs are:
1. Partner teacher with in Class 4. The day is to be negotiated with Class Teacher.
2. Partner teacher with in Class 2. The day is to be negotiated with Class Teacher.
If you are an existing teacher at the school and/or have interviewed for a teaching position at the school and are interested in applying for one or both of these positions, please read the Job Description and Selection Criteria below and write an expression of interest of 250 words or less which addresses your interest in the position/s.
If you have not been interviewed for a teaching position at Mumbulla School you will need to complete a full application, which includes addressing each of the Selection Criteria in writing.
All expressions of interest and applications should be addressed to Reagan White, Education Manager, and emailed to email@example.com or given to Reagan in hard copy.
If you would like to find out more about the Class 4 position please contact Rachel Alves on firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like more information about the Class 2 position please contact Claire Garner on email@example.com.
The Job Description and Selection Criteria are below.
Applications must be received by end of Week 6, Friday 23rd November.
In relation to working with the class, the teacher will:
- implement a one day per week program in line with the program being run by the Class Teacher;
- create an atmosphere that fosters and nourishes learning;
- make ongoing evaluations of the teaching program;
- plan for children’s individual learning needs and use a variety of strategies to ensure engagement;
- develop a class culture that is inclusive and values individuality;
- be accountable to the Class Teacher for the delivery of the curriculum;
- use a variety of strategies for behaviour management in conjunction with Mumbulla School’s Social Welfare and Behaviour Management Policy;
- provide an aesthetically pleasing classroom environment which fosters reverence and care.
In relation to working in the school, the teacher will:
- be rostered on playground and bus duties;
- work as part of a team;
- participate in the school’s mentoring and evaluation program.
- follow and be familiar with all school policies including the Child Protection policy and the Staff Code of Conduct.
You will regularly liaise with:
- Class Teacher/s
- Specialist Teachers
- Administration and Management Staff
Essential criteria. Applicants must have:
- knowledge of Class 2/Class 4 children and curriculum
- knowledge/experience of Steiner education or a willingness to learn this
- teaching qualifications and relevant teaching experience
- an imaginative, enthusiastic and creative approach to teaching
- strong organisational skills
- ability to communicate effectively with children, colleagues and parents.