Mandated groups are mandated by the Board to take charge of certain areas of the school’s functioning and advise the Board of information and recommendations to ensure smooth running in all areas of the School.
Many areas at Mumbulla School are managed by mandated groups. These groups include a Board Director and a College of Teachers representative along with a member of school management. All Mandated Group report directly to the Board and make informed recommendations to the Board in relation to their mandated area. Below is a very brief outline of each groups mandate. If you would like to know more about our mandated groups, please get in touch with the contact person for the relevant group.
Buildings and Grounds (B&G) mandated to:
- Arrange and oversee maintenance on school buildings and grounds
- Help manage school projects regarding land, buildings and future scenarios, including options to raise capital
Contact is Jason Armstrong
Work Health and Safety (WH&S), mandated to:
- Carry out and oversee safety at the school, assess risks and prioritise hazard minimization.
Contact is Hallie Fernandez
Finance, mandated to:
- Develop and manage policy for financial matters relating to the school
- Regularly review operating and capital financial performance
Contact is Hallie Fernandez
Employment, mandated to:
- Support the Education Manager, Business Manager and College Chair in recruitment and employment issues
- Develop and review policy for and make recommendations to the Board of Directors on employment
Contact is Reagan White
Governance, Leadership and Management (GLaM), mandated to:
- Consider and suggest improvements to Board meeting procedure
- Assist the Board with vision and strategic planning
- Consider and suggest improvements to Board structure including mandated groups
Contact is Ian Campbell
Master Planning Group (MPG), mandated to:
- Oversee the design and development of a new purpose-built Kinder at 33-35 Bega Street
- Develop a Landscape Master Plan for the school
Contact is Rachel Alves
Public Relations (PR), mandated to:
- Promote and market the school
- Ensure the consistency and quality of image in the school’s marketing operations.
Contact is Mahamati
Parents & Friends (P&F) mandated to:
- Help create and keep vital the social and fundraising aspects of the school community
The P&F welcomes your energy, enthusiasm and ideas. The P&F aims to meet two to three times a term to plan and organise the various events and fundraising opportunities that occur during the year. As parents, you are encouraged to become involved with the P&F in any way you feel comfortable. Events and calls for help are advertised through the weekly Bulletin.
There is a fundraising shop located in the Front office, which sells a range of quality goods, including books, crayons, pencils, bucket hats in bright colours, school backpacks, rainbow wool and other craft items.
The money raised by fundraising assists the school to buy new playground equipment, musical instruments, library books and so much more. Most fundraising activities are social events which also help to create our strong school community which values parents’ commitment not only to the children but also to each other.
Contact is Vickie Goldsmith
College of Teachers is mandated to:
- The College of Teachers is responsible for maintaining teaching and learning quality.
Contact is Monique Watt, College Chair