Mumbulla School for Rudolf Steiner Education
Mumbulla School for Rudolf Steiner Education offers two scholarships for students. If you would like to know when applications are open, please register your interest with the school’s Front Office.
Mumbulla School Scholarship
A Mumbulla School Scholarship enables a child to attend Mumbulla School from Kindergarten to Class 6, their whole primary school journey. Our first scholarship recipient started in 2020. When sufficient funds are available to offer another scholarship then we will open applications once again. Please see criteria + conditions to determine eligibility.
The Maddy Collins Scholarship was created by Maddy’s extended family to celebrate the beautiful gift of education, inclusion and love provided to Maddy by the Mumbulla School community over 8 years. Maddy has a dual diagnosis of Down Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorder. She entered Kindergarten in 2012 and graduated from Class 6 in 2019. This Scholarship was created to benefit children with special needs who may wish to attend Mumbulla School. This is a wonderful legacy in Maddy’s name which the school is proud to establish. The Board and the College of Teachers are enormously grateful to the Collins family for their generosity and goodwill. The Maddy Collins Scholarship is now open for applicants. Closing date is 31 August 2022, with a decision being made in September 2022. The successful recipient will start school in 2023.
Administration of the Scholarship Fund
Mumbulla School for Rudolf Steiner Education’s Scholarship Fund is managed and administered by the school’s Equitable Access Group (EAG), a mandated group of the Mumbulla School Board. If you would like your donation to go to the Maddy Collins Scholarship fund, please reference that when making a donation. For further information about the Scholarship Fund or this Group, please contact the school at email@example.com.
If you would like to make a donation, please use the details below.
Account name: Mumbulla School Scholarship Fund
BSB: 633 000
Account: 159 811 397
Maddy Collins Scholarship Criteria
Scholarship applications are only available to permanent residents of Australia and require evidence of financial hardship. Such evidence can be provided through tax return information and/or a Centrelink Income Assessment.
- Application for Scholarship
The school is offering a half Scholarship enabling a student to complete their primary education at our School. of the scholarship will cover 50% of tuition fees. Levies will be payable where applicable. All information will be kept confidential. Parents/Guardians of applicants are required to demonstrate commitment to Mumbulla School by signing the Mumbulla School Application for Enrolment.
- Duration of Scholarships
The Scholarship continues for the recipient’s primary schooling (Kindergarten to Class 6) unless the Scholarship or enrolment is cancelled. Parents/Guardians of successful applicants are required to sign the Mumbulla School Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct and Student Code of Conduct. There will be an annual review of the recipient’s eligibility by the Scholarship Committee.
- Recipients of Maddy Collins Scholarship
The Maddy Collins Scholarship is for child/ren with special needs who may wish to attend Mumbulla School.
- Book an individual school tour by calling the Front Office on (02) 6492 3476. This will help applicants to learn more about Mumbulla School.
- Read the School Handbook to understand more about the principles of Rudolf Steiner Education.
- Fill in the Scholarship Application Forms. These forms detail Scholarship conditions and the Financial Application asks for evidence of financial hardship. Support through the school is available to complete this form.
- Fill in the Enrolment Form and Contract.
- Return the Scholarship Application Form with the Enrolment Form and Contract to Mumbulla School by 31 August 2022. The address and email are on the form.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application. Those who are shortlisted will be invited to come for an interview in early September.
- The interview is conducted by a panel approved by the EAG and the Board. Panel members are chosen from the community and from within the school.
- After the interview, the applicants will be notified of the outcome.
- Scholarship recipients and their families will be confidential.